Saturday, May 5, 2007

Call to healing

Physician heal thy self
Mother, sister, father, brother, partner, lover, friend
grandmother, grandfather, uncle, aunt, cousin
stranger
heal thy self

Do not live with the splinter deep beneath a hard calus that has formed there over time...
You can walk fine.?..no pain you say...
as long as you walk just so...keep the status quo...

heal thy self

For if you try to run one day....you will see that something is wrong...
Oh yes, running is not for you...
you could never run that fast anyway, you say...

and so you hobble along....
now and then ..the desire to run...
eventually the desire is gone...

did you once desire to run....
a dream a long time ago...
never real?....do you know?

I call to you from a distance...it is but a whisper...barely audible...what?

heal thy self (whispered)

8 comments:

BendingPeak said...

Wonderful!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

This is truly beautiful and amazing. Thank you for this today. :)

kerry said...

i'm so grateful for your comments. for the thought, time, and kindness you put into them. you are a source of clarity and comfort to me! i wanted you to know how much your responses to me mattered. thank you.

Marie said...

I think it's so cool that we have run into each other again...I just read your post on another blog, and I related so well! It was about friendship woes and changes and the Laws of Attraction...much of the things I talked about on my blog a few days ago. Like I said on that blog, seems the shelf-life of my friends are about 3 years before someone moves on to another job, another state, more important events in their lives...and though we talk about staying in touch, reality is that time sucks us dry and makes it too difficult. My approach lately is to enjoy the friendships I can, even my blogging friends and learn from them and grow from them and just enjoy them while I can before it's time for them to move on and share their wonderfulness with some other fortunate soul...and when I said I thought you'd be a good friend, I meant it, because you are thoughtful, present, and caring...hope to run into you again sometime. Keep posting! Keep attracting those friends!

Unknown said...

Sending peace and good thoughts to you as you journey.

kerry said...

...leaving in a minute for a short road trip...and am so glad i had time (as i wait for my ride) to read your latest comment. to give me a challenge to consider on the road. just your sentences of "it's OK..." will be my fallback, as this recent hurt catches me in unguarded moments, i will work on saying, it is ok. i am ok. it will be ok. i will be ok. thank you, jen, for being so wonderful to me through this blog community.
i'll be back soon. take care!

Hélène Deroubaix said...

don't you see you are loved and that people love your blog and reading your uniqueness?

you are beautiful and you are special and unique.

Anonymous said...

I like heal thy self, we have the power to do that and so much more.